The Supplement Specialist is responsible for supplements received by auto body/body shop, appraisers, and/or clients through the supplement uploader, CLARITY (ACD's technology platform) and/or other forms of electronic/phone communications. The Supplement Specialist reviews, approves, and returns the supplement back to the client. The Supplement Specialist will support clients and appraisers with various tasks such as collecting invoices, supplement re-assignment, answering incoming phone calls/emails, and keeping all parties informed ensuring supplement assignments meet and/or exceed speed and quality value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review incoming supplements and re-assign, if necessary.
- Responsible for supplement incoming calls and emails.
- Review and take reasonable and necessary action to aging supplements over two days old.
- Ensure appraisers are keeping clients/customers informed 48 hours until the supplement is complete.
- Support ACD roster/appraiser partners for additional documentation necessary to finalize the supplement.
- Take appropriate steps to re-assign a supplement but not limited to:
- Initial appraiser is not available/out of office
- Delays and/or non-response from the initial appraiser
- Obtain necessary documentation such as invoices/photos for desk write and/or in-house handling
- Provide status to clients every 48 hours
- Report and work with Recruitment department for noncompliant appraisers.
- Perform other functions assigned by supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Must have 2 years and/or equivalent experience in material damage and/or auto body industry.
- Experienced in multiple estimating platforms such as CCC, Mitchell, and Adjustrite.
- 1+ years' experience in heavy equipment, RV/motorhome, farm equipment and other types of units, private/municipality, and machinery are a plus.
- Must have strong client service and interpersonal skills. Build rapport with internal teams to ensure the specific needs of ACD's clients are met.
- Written and oral communication competency. Familiar with email systems.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
- Capable of adapting provided templates and drafting simple correspondence to effectively communicate with clients, appraisers, vehicle owners and ACD team.
- Able to effectively resolve problems using good judgment; can discern when to bring outstanding issues to ACD management.
- Follows instructions; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work for timeliness and quality.
- In a remote work environment, is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Bi-lingual preferred
- I-CAR and/or ASE certifications are a plus
- Ability to train and learn for use and knowledge of insurance/automotive industry and software platforms
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K retirement plan, paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Chance to positively impact a fast-growing insuretech company with a focus on optimizing the claims process through innovation and technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and type on keyboard while reading monitor. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Travel may be required.
$22.36 to $25.96 (hourly)