The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) is responsible for analyzing auto damage estimates to ensure accuracy and adherence to specified client guidelines in a timely manner, while also serving as the central point-of-contact for assigned accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review estimates, photos and supporting documents in the audit and supplement queue for compliance to carrier guidelines; status as needed; complete/close files in a timely manner; invoice for claim payment.
- Review carrier guidelines for consistency and completeness; in conjunction with QA Manager/Supervisor, provide client feedback in absence of completeness or changing regulations.
- Maintain understanding of current state regulations, guidelines and best practice claim handling.
- Develop relationships with assigned carrier's (client's) Material Damage staff and understand their practices and priorities.
- Develop relationships and provide technical support to ACD's roster/appraiser partners.
- Attend and participate in assigned client meetings and performance reviews.
- Research and address claim escalation issues promptly; immediately alert QA management on any client issues; provide timely verbal and written communications with those involved during and following resolution of issue(s).
- Actively engage with teammates and management to improve processes and service levels.
- Act as a problem solver and responder.
- Perform other functions and tasks assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Material damage experience.
- Proficiency using common industry estimating software.
- High level of expertise, proficiency and aptitude with technology including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, general database programs, and Internet & web-based applications.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively over the phone and via email.
- I-CAR knowledge/certified and/or ASE knowledge/certified.
- Insurance and/or automotive industry experience preferred.
- Heavy equipment, recreational equipment, exotic, desk review/write experience preferred.
- Able to effectively resolve problems using good judgment; can discern when to bring outstanding issues to ACD management.
- Follows instructions; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work for timeliness and quality.
- In a remote work environment, is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- 2+ years material damage/insurance claims/body shop estimating or equivalent experience
- Detail-oriented, results-focused and organized
- Adept at conflict resolution
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K retirement plan, paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Chance to positively impact a fast-growing insuretech company with a focus on optimizing the claims process through innovation and technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear, and type on keyboard while reading monitor. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Travel may be required.