The Claims Support Associate supports both the Client Care and Quality Assurance Teams with various tasks that range from entering new claims from insurance carriers to routing emails, dispatching/uploading files and returning telephone calls. He or she is tasked with uploading completed files into outside vendor sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Upload files to the carrier's outside vendor upload systems.
- Manage incoming voicemail & email messages on a daily (within three-hours) basis.
- Support the Client Care and Quality Assurance Teams with volume overflow so that all requests are handled within prescribed ACD parameters.
- Assist with open assignments, document and communicate updates to appropriate party (adjuster, appraiser, vehicle owner, body shop).
- Disseminate new claim information (on existing files) to appropriate party or person.
- Work under established deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Perform other functions, as requested from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Must have strong client service and interpersonal skills. Build rapport with internal teams to ensure the specific needs of ACD's clients is met.
- Able to type accurately. Familiar with email systems and use of databases. Will need to learn CLARITY, ACD's proprietary technology system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form.
- Capable of adapting provided templates and drafting simple correspondence to effectively communicate with clients, appraisers, vehicle owners and ACD team members.
- Able to effectively resolve problems using good judgment; can discern when to bring outstanding issues to ACD management.
- Follows instructions; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work for timeliness and quality.
- In a remote work environment, is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Minimum of three years related data entry experience
- Competitive compensation package
- 401K retirement plan, paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Chance to positively impact a fast-growing insuretech company with a focus on optimizing the claims process through innovation and technology
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear, and type on keyboard while reading monitor. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Travel may be required.